Skip to main content

What vampire do you like?

This was my dilemma. I've read and viewed many vampires, some not really scary, some scared the pants off me, while others left me drooling and in which I wished I was the victim he held.

When it came to writing my book, I had in mind what kind of vampire I wanted, certainly not like Edward Cullen, the "Weenie" as I often refer to him as, but someone with more evilness, more desire, someone who wouldn't be pushed around and someone who took what he wanted regardless of what the circumstances were,someone like Damien from "The Vampire Diaries", but with a little more mystery about him.

I also had to contend that when I wrote this book, it was for an audience of Young adult, so no matter how intensely involved I got with my vampire when I wrote, I had to "CONTROL" myself and my muse to cool it when it came to scenes where he and Candra were involved...needless to say...that didn't happen...thank God my publisher had her good senses about her and fixed all my "heated" scenes (stupid muse). The scenes still are tantalizing but in a control manner now.

I like vampires who take control, who don't take lightly to others pushing them around. They know their place and the power to which they hold and if you step out of line...pay dearly for it. Candra, being hot tempered at times and doesn't like to be kept in her place either and steps out of line with Kane even though she has been warned.

The two of them, Kane and Candra, are so well matched, that they tend to grate on each other, well he more on her. Its this bond that makes this union a very powerful one, which can lead to all sorts of problems, what they are I cannot say, but what I can say is that, Candra is in a time in her life where great things are yet to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A "Scary" Scene from my novel...Birthright (Happy Halloween!)

Horror Web Tour October 24-31, 2011 What better month than October for horror writers to crawl out of their coffins and spread the Halloween spirit! Are you interested in winning great horror fiction and Halloween goodies the week of October 24-31, 2011? Click on the links below to participating authors' websites. Each author has a contest to enter on their site. Over 80 chances to win! the gory details: 1) HAVE A SPOOKY FUN TIME! 2) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND SPREAD THE WORD! 3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 24, 2011 at Midnight (PST) THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 31, 2011 at Midnight (PST) Winners will be drawn and posted November 1, 2011 4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY SITE'S CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN! 5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL SITES IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. THE MORE SITES YOU HOP, THE BETTE

Horror Book Covers

Designing book covers is like giving birth, it can be a "pain" and sometimes no "labor" at all. There is a pleasure in the end result, when everything you put into it finally comes together and says, "THAT'S IT!" Not always does it come right away, but after many trials and errors (and I haven't had many of them)you find something that works and it unfolds in front of you. My most difficult cover was "Water Hazard" took me weeks only because the author couldn't make up his mind and when he did, he didn't quite like it and it needed to be tweaked a bit (more like ALOT), and when the cover was finally to his liking...he didn't use it! Now, of course, he wasn't an author from Vamplit, because all authors from Vamplit are awesome! Am I right?! I've never, ever had a problem with doing a cover for Vamplit, NEVER. In fact, I can usually spit out a cover in record time and have it turn out perfect usually the first