I came across one of it's pages called, Tips for making your writing come to life. So, I thought I would share them with you.
* Throw out everything you learned about writing in school. This includes forgetting about five-paragraph essays, introductions that drag along, and long-winded sentences.
* Delete your opening paragraph. Some of the most compelling stories drop you right into the middle of them.
* WRITE MORE.
* Get to the point. Simple sentences are often the best way to go.
* Don't overly complicate things.
* Use your true voice. Write your story as though you are telling it to a friend. In fact, try recording it first. This adds an air of authenticity.
* Don't be afraid to make up words.
* Buy yourself a beautiful journal and use it.
* Pour your heart out onto the paper without trying to make it perfect. You can clean it up later.
* Wait until after you are done to title your piece. Look for interesting, unique phrases in your writing to use.