Skip to main content

The Bloodline

Its hard enough to know your own bloodline. I'm learning new things about my own heritage, it keeps changing! My Grandparents came from Berlin to escape the War, WWII. I was always told they were German. They spoke German, told me bedtime stories in German. Then not too long ago, I was told they weren't German, yes, they lived in Germany, but were Polish, thus for leaving to escape.
Nope. We've been been looking into Ancestry.com and found that my Grandpa Braun, who had come to America with my Grandparents, was Russian, and that they weren't German, nor Polish, but now Russian!

Anyway, to make a long story short, the dilemma I face is trying to figure out Candra's bloodline, its hard enough to figure out a "real" one, little lone a fake one. I found it so confusing when I was writing Birthright that I had to keep going back into the earlier chapters to make sure I had the Greats and not the Greats given to the right names! Am I making sense? See!!!!

I can't really explain about Candra without giving a lot of "spoilers", but she is a unique character, more ways than you think and in that uniqueness, is where I am finding it difficult in creating her bloodline. I don't want to follow the norm as far as Vampire stories go, I want Birthright to be different, so different that readers like yourself will say, "Wow, that was interesting!" And will wait for the sequel to read what happens next.

I'm also wanting to step out of the norm as far a the typical Vampire is concerned. I mean look at Stephanie Meyer's Edward and his family. They shimmer in the light! What Vampire that we know of does that? Did Bram Stokers Vampire do that? Hell no! See what I mean! Although, my Kane is not going to look like some little girl dipped him in a jar full of glitter, nor does my Kane act like Edward...I'd die first!

Keep coming back, I have an idea, it's not concrete, but I am writing the sequel as we speak and Candra at the moment is somewhat of a pain right now and Kane is about had it with her, "Ah, true love!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A "Scary" Scene from my novel...Birthright (Happy Halloween!)

Horror Web Tour October 24-31, 2011 What better month than October for horror writers to crawl out of their coffins and spread the Halloween spirit! Are you interested in winning great horror fiction and Halloween goodies the week of October 24-31, 2011? Click on the links below to participating authors' websites. Each author has a contest to enter on their site. Over 80 chances to win! the gory details: 1) HAVE A SPOOKY FUN TIME! 2) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND SPREAD THE WORD! 3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 24, 2011 at Midnight (PST) THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 31, 2011 at Midnight (PST) Winners will be drawn and posted November 1, 2011 4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY SITE'S CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN! 5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL SITES IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. THE MORE SITES YOU HOP, THE BETTE

Horror Book Covers

Designing book covers is like giving birth, it can be a "pain" and sometimes no "labor" at all. There is a pleasure in the end result, when everything you put into it finally comes together and says, "THAT'S IT!" Not always does it come right away, but after many trials and errors (and I haven't had many of them)you find something that works and it unfolds in front of you. My most difficult cover was "Water Hazard" took me weeks only because the author couldn't make up his mind and when he did, he didn't quite like it and it needed to be tweaked a bit (more like ALOT), and when the cover was finally to his liking...he didn't use it! Now, of course, he wasn't an author from Vamplit, because all authors from Vamplit are awesome! Am I right?! I've never, ever had a problem with doing a cover for Vamplit, NEVER. In fact, I can usually spit out a cover in record time and have it turn out perfect usually the first