Skip to main content

The Four Ply Vampire


I’d never given much thought to dying- though I’d had my reason enough in the last few months- but even if I had, I wouldn’t have imagined it like this. Then, on top of it all, I survived. I wish I had died. The yearning, the need, the want of the one thing that will sustain my life is becoming extinct. Its texture, soft, sometimes course, but nevertheless, I crave it so much that I have dreams about piles and piles of it. Mountains of it. Such joy it gives my heart and then I wake up to my nightmare.
I stared across the long room, into the dark eyes of the hunter, and she looked pleasantly back at me. She’s beautiful. Skin ivory, soft, scented lightly with Jasmine I just want to taste her lips. At least it was a good way to die.
I knew that if I’d never gone to China, I wouldn’t be about to die now. But, terrified as I was, I couldn’t bring myself to regret the decision. When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
The hunter smiled in a friendly way as she sauntered forward to kill me.
**************************************
Here I sit, half mad with hysteria, with towers of toilet paper rolls around me. Yes, that’s right, I bought out the store. No one…I mean, no one will get what my body craves…toilet paper. Its thinness, texture and light scent drive me crazy.  It was that lady in China, she did this to me. Made me a vampire of the toilet industry. Now, with this Corona virus people are hoarding everything! They all think they’re going to die, so what do they buy? My toilet paper!
I was out one night. I needed my fix. Four ply was my need this time. It’s thickness. Chewing the papery texture, having it stick to the roof of my mouth…Oh, Lord I had to have it! All of it, but it would be a battle of wits.
As I made my way to the paper aisle I could see the baskets. There were at least five of them and loaded with…my toilet paper.
“No!” I screamed and ran at the ladies. You should have seen their shocked faces as I rushed their baskets and began biting into the fleshy, plastic wrap that held them together.
I was a madman for sure, but I didn’t care. I bit into the first roll like a monkey on a cupcake. Oh, it was pure heaven. I couldn’t stop. On and on I went till I saw a fresh roll and started in on it! The crowd grew around us. No one dared to come at me. There I was a roll in each hand and taking bites out of them both as if it were my last day. Tissue was everywhere. I even scraped up the bits that fell on the floor. Every morsel was tended to with such delight.
Then…
“Grab him!” They got me. I put up a big fight though.
With a muffled voice I yelled out as best as I could, “You’ll neffer gef thefs tiffoos! Neffer!”
They locked me up. Fools. Don’t they know you can’t hold a vampire?
As I looked out my window, through the towers of my life sustaining source, I tried to remember what my life used to be like, as a human. Steak, potatoes, Sushi, fish and scores of other foods I’d eat and did I miss that? No. I mean, you don’t need to grow toilet paper. You don’t need to kill cows, pigs or goats for that matter. Toilet paper comes from trees. My brain started to reel. My mouth began to drool. I found a new food source. TREES!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A "Scary" Scene from my novel...Birthright (Happy Halloween!)

Horror Web Tour October 24-31, 2011 What better month than October for horror writers to crawl out of their coffins and spread the Halloween spirit! Are you interested in winning great horror fiction and Halloween goodies the week of October 24-31, 2011? Click on the links below to participating authors' websites. Each author has a contest to enter on their site. Over 80 chances to win! the gory details: 1) HAVE A SPOOKY FUN TIME! 2) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND SPREAD THE WORD! 3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 24, 2011 at Midnight (PST) THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 31, 2011 at Midnight (PST) Winners will be drawn and posted November 1, 2011 4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY SITE'S CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN! 5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL SITES IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. THE MORE SITES YOU HOP, THE BETTE

Horror Book Covers

Designing book covers is like giving birth, it can be a "pain" and sometimes no "labor" at all. There is a pleasure in the end result, when everything you put into it finally comes together and says, "THAT'S IT!" Not always does it come right away, but after many trials and errors (and I haven't had many of them)you find something that works and it unfolds in front of you. My most difficult cover was "Water Hazard" took me weeks only because the author couldn't make up his mind and when he did, he didn't quite like it and it needed to be tweaked a bit (more like ALOT), and when the cover was finally to his liking...he didn't use it! Now, of course, he wasn't an author from Vamplit, because all authors from Vamplit are awesome! Am I right?! I've never, ever had a problem with doing a cover for Vamplit, NEVER. In fact, I can usually spit out a cover in record time and have it turn out perfect usually the first