Skip to main content

Thoughts...

As I sit here, I can't help think that everything that has gone wrong in my life has to be something of a punishment for past events that I have done and God, being in his infinite mercy, is...for better lack of words, "giving it to me." I tend to look at these harsh realities as trials and trials they are, for today was hard.

I've been battling arthitis in all my joints, mainly in my knees and I've done everything I can short of having surgery again.

Two days ago I wanted to celebrate two big events in my life, having my book in Anderson's bookstore (a big dream of mine come true)and having my artwork used as the theme for the upcoming Black American society which over 400 people attend. So, I wanted to go to the mall, walk, see the little puppies and have some cinnamon sticks. Doesn't sound like much, but to me its the little things that I love. Anyway, we didn't make it to the middle of the mall when both my knees decided to say, "not going any further!" Pain...

So there I was stuck. I told my husband to go on to Sears without me and that I'll just have a sit and wait, but the Bath and Body shop was just across from me...beckoning me to come in. So I hobbled in and bought myself a few things.

My appointment with the doctor was this morning, Orthopedic surgeon, and I told him the whole sordid mess and that my left knee was now giving me grief. The end result, arthritis in that knee as well and maybe a torn meniscus. Great...just like my right knee 4 years ago.

He said I had a few options, 1. I could have another cortisone shot in my rt. knee or an injection of some sort of gel that acts as a lubricant. 2. Physical therapy for 4 weeks. I didn't like the last cortisone shot they gave me, 2 inches of needle going behind my knee cap, so the thought of yet another injection whether it being cortisone or gel did not strike me as "yippee!" In fact I burst out crying and opted for physical therapy. I do have to get yet another MRI for my left knee now. This probably makes close to 10 MRI's.

Needless to say, when I've looked at my life thus far, I feel as though God is putting me through some mighty hefty trials and would he please end it already. I bummed out at this point.

It's amazing I was a ballerina one point in my life, dancing the Nutcracker and loving every minute of it, now I feel like I"m old and breaking apart at the very seams. Bummed again.

I just had to get this down on, well, not paper, but just get it down, written so that I can move on and hope for the best...if that'll ever come. As it is, I don't see a silver lining anywhere in sight at the moment.

Comments

  1. well I wish you the very, very best.
    I know what pain is, Sue. And feeling the way you have.
    They say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger so possibly you're just strong enough to take all this.
    It's tough, i know.
    Just be as strong and brave as you are and keep going.
    you have a great attitude.
    Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, feeling for you, Sue. If it's any comfort at all, I saw a writer friend (who is at least 60, probably older) the other night for the first time in years. She had BOTH knees replaced at the same time last fall and is doing great. It almost halved the recovery time of doing it separately.

    And remember, it's all material for the next book or short story! I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of this, my friend. Sending hugs and prayers for you as you go through this hurdle.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly feel your pain, Sue. I am hobbling around with a cane at the moment needing a knee replacement on my right knee. On top of that, I need all my teeth pulled, and eye surgery. I'm in your corner: you know that.

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A "Scary" Scene from my novel...Birthright (Happy Halloween!)

Horror Web Tour October 24-31, 2011 What better month than October for horror writers to crawl out of their coffins and spread the Halloween spirit! Are you interested in winning great horror fiction and Halloween goodies the week of October 24-31, 2011? Click on the links below to participating authors' websites. Each author has a contest to enter on their site. Over 80 chances to win! the gory details: 1) HAVE A SPOOKY FUN TIME! 2) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND SPREAD THE WORD! 3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 24, 2011 at Midnight (PST) THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 31, 2011 at Midnight (PST) Winners will be drawn and posted November 1, 2011 4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY SITE'S CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN! 5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL SITES IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. THE MORE SITES YOU HOP, THE BETTE

The story of Werewolf Imprinting began in the 1800's By Eric W Jepson

The Premortal Romance we tend to remember best in 2009 is the Douglas Stewart / Lex de Azevedo cheesefest, Saturday’s Warrior, but the tradition goes back much further than that. Nephi Anderson started things off in 1898 with Added Upon, a book that at one time (at least in Nephi, Utah2) was given to every young woman to read. Added Upon was Anderson’s first book and by far his most popular—too bad, because it certainly isn’t his best—because it appeals to something deeply Mormon in us. It begins in the premortal realm and follows a boy and a girl from there, through mortality, to paradise, through the Millennium, and finally to exaltation. Out for a premortal walk one day, Honan sees Delsa’s “sweet face” and is drawn to her immediately. When she sees him, a “pleased smile overspread[s] her face” and she explains that she had been making a “dream picture” of her ideal face when he arrived and that now her “dream face seem[s] to blend with [his].” Drawn together, they converse[… and

Vamplit's Happy Blog Hopping!

It's finally here! Vamplit's Blog Hopping and today I have a great offer for you! For coming on my blog and leaving a comment I will give you an original piece of art work that I have done! But the "sweetest" thing about this is I will pick only three. So here are the rules... 1. Come see my blog 2. Leave a comment 3. Leave me your email That's it! The pieces of artwork I have chosen are the three above! Good luck!!!